Chalice Gold Mines Limited strives to maintain a safe and healthy working environment for all employees and contractors. Occupational safety and health is therefore an integral part of Chalice Gold’s philosophy and management systems. The policy has been developed to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and will be reviewed regularly with the aim of continually improving safety and health in the workplace. Chalice Gold will ensure adequate resources are available to implement the policy.
The objects of the policy are to:
- prevent work place accidents and disease;
- protect employees from safety and health hazards which may arise out of their work by providing and maintaining safe work places, plant and systems of work;
- have employees understand that they have a positive responsibility to ensure their own safety and the safety of others and comply with proper instructions; and
- establish and maintain proper programs to meet the policy.
The objectives of the safety and health policy are to:
- establish and maintain work practices which are safe and reduce the risk to health;
- provide training, re-training, information, instruction and supervision of all employees to enable them to perform their duties safely; and
- develop procedures for hazard identification, risk assessment and to implement measures to control the risk.
The policy includes, but is not limited to:
- safe work systems and practices;
- hazard identification, risk assessment and control procedures;
- accident / incident reporting, recording and investigation;
- provision of personal protective equipment; and